ARPEGGIOS WITH CHARACTER
Create extremely malleable, unique harmonies and bass lines. Thanks to its polyphonic pianoroll technology and its real-time effects, Nora gives you complete control over the arpeggiator pattern (note-length, overlapping notes/chords, velocities, spaces between notes, etc.).
SAMPLE ACCURATE PREMIUM MIDI ENGINE
The engine has been re-designed from scratch to offer precision at sample-level. This way, we obtain output that is loyal to the input, without any kind of latency.
ALL THE POWER OF A DAW IN ONE PLUG-IN
We employed the workflow of a cutting-edge DAW for a creative, simple and quick edition with a complete integration among the modules. Nora can be sequenced by either a linear manner or by patterns triggered by MIDI.
- · 8 tracks, 8 independent arpeggiators and 64 patterns per track
- · Real-time quantizer with user-defined patterns
- · Hundreds of presets
- · Complete real-time edition
- · Simple and fast workflow
- · 2 random phrase generators & 2 mutators
- · Very low cpu usage
- · Highly customizable interface with over 400 parameters
Nora 1.4 / Nora 2.0 output comparison
WHAT NORA IS AND HOW IT WORKS
NORA is a MIDI effect, i.e. it gathers MIDI data from the DAW and returns the MIDI data transformed. Therefore, it is placed before a synthesizer, software or hardware, unlike audio effects, which are placed after, thus converting a handful of chords into a new and fresh melody.
How phrase arpeggiator works
VARIETY OF OPERATION MODES
Nora includes several individual operation modes for each arpeggiator, as a result of combining the options below:
- · Two clock modes: “Synchronized with DAW time”, an exclusive mode oriented to harmonize complex verses and “Triggered by incoming chords”, which works as a classic arpeggiators.
- · Two velocity modes: A mode in which the output is generated taking into consideration the velocities of the DAW, and another one that independent of them, in which perfect repetitions are generated from the same sequence.
- · Two engine modes: “Free”, a mode in which output notes are always in line with input chords, and “Static”, in which input chords are adapted to the notes of Nora, resulting in smoother changes. This second mode is adequate for longer notes.
REAL TIME QUANTIZER
It lets you mix the original times of the notes with a user-defined quantizer pattern, in order to achieve a groove effect, achieving greater expressivity.
Making your sequence achieve a Shuffle effect or adjust it to the rhythm of a given drum loop is now quick and intuitive. It features:
- · Full real-time engine: The quantizer has non-destructive operations. Meaning that it processes the original sequence without modifying it, allowing the user to change the effect at any given moment
- · User-defined patterns: You can create quantized patterns inside Nora or import them from a .midi file.
GENERATE RANDOM SEQUENCES
Nora allows you to generate random sequences from parameters by means of several engines, with ease. It includes:
- · C&B Generator: Generates chord and bass lines with the possibility of adding random motifs.
- · Mutate: Modify an existing sequence in order to offer subtle or drastic variations of it.
- · 303: Generates and mutates electronic bass lines with the possibility of adding a Shuffle effect.
Nora includes 8 tracks with optional MIDI channel filtering. It also offers 8 independent arpeggiator engines that can be programmed to obtain completely unique and complex harmonies.
LINEAL PHRASE SEQUENCING
Based in the Phrase Editor engine that made Nora popular, the Playlist allows the arrangement of clips in the timeline. It includes:
- · Each track can be sequenced in two ways: With the ‘Linear mode’, as a classic DAW, or the ‘Loop Mode’, in which Nora operates as a Pattern Chainer.
- · Complete visual feedback: In order to be able to tell the way Nora is operating.
- · Phantom Clips: Which allow you have shared copies of the same sequence.
LIVE PATTERN TRIGGERING
Aside from the previous linear-play mode, it offers a live pattern-changing mode, controllable via MIDI. It includes:
- · 64 patterns per track
- · 2 pattern-changing modes: ‘In queue’, a mode in which each pattern waits for its turn to start playing and, ‘instant’ in which the change is played immediately, maintaining the synchrony with the DAW, all of that without causing glitches.
- · Phantom Patterns: Which allow you to have shared copies of the same sequence.
Nora offers a highly customizable interface. Not only colors, but sizes, images, fonts and even cursors may be freely edited to create skins/mods.
Nora offers a bunch of characteristics and it would be impossible to list them all. Some of them are: Importing the rhythm of .midi files, advanced editing tools, inline help, real-time randomization of note velocity, variable playback velocity, etc…
NORAHARM: The Midi Key Mapper
The MIDI Key Mapper makes you feel inspired when creating rhythm chord progressions while composing a song.
It consists of a grid-style editor in which output notes are assigned to each of the input notes. Moreover, it supports chord inversion. They allow you to create smooth chord transitions.
The MIDI Key Mapper has lots of capacities:
- · Play chords with a single finge
- · Limit notes to any scale to correct mistakes when playing, and even correct misplayed notes
- · Together with the inversion, it may be a wonderful tool for inspiration in order to create pads
- · Map any scale and play it live using your favorite note scale as a basis
- · And many more…